Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Reggie Miller is So "Now"


Reggie Miller says he is contemplating a return to the NBA, this time with the Boston Celtics.

Miller, who turns 42 on Aug. 24, played his entire 18-year career with the Indiana Pacers before retiring in 2005. Since his playing days ended he has worked as a television analyst for TNT.

"I'm always flattered when my name is mentioned as someone who can still help an NBA team win a championship," Miller said Wednesday in a statement relayed to The Associated Press by the TNT network. "I've had limited [ed. note: zero] discussions with Celtics management [ed. note: drunken fans] about their roster and a potential [ed. note: nonexistent] role for me. At this time, I'm enjoying my role as an analyst with TNT."

What a jackass. Two main problems with quote:

1-- The use of the word "still" is improper given that he NEVER WON A SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP, and thus he has never been "someone who could help an NBA team win a championship."

2-- He shouldn't be flattered to have his name mentioned because HE'S THE ONE MENTIONING HIS NAME. Man, I love when SMP gets some press on the Underhills' Bill.

No comments: